Thursday, January 15, 2009

Emily goes to the dentist like a big girl!

Here's Emily showing her pearly whites and her goodies from the dentist.
Anna's appointment isn't until next week but this child wasn't left out!

Today was Emily's 2nd dentist appointment and she was such a big girl! They came out and called her name and although she was a little apprehensive she walked back by herself. I am so proud of her even if it is a little sad that she didn't need me. Anna said "Mom why aren't you going with her?" The entire time Emily was gone Anna kept asking me when she would be back and did I think she was okay. Anna loves her sister for sure! The lady who cleaned Emily's teeth said she let them do everything they needed to and that included x-rays. I confirmed that no gas was involved! She got a good report NO CAVITIES. It is a pediatric dentist and they are so good with little children and she was excited to get to color and get a ball and new toothbrush, flossers, and yummy flavored toothpaste. Yay for Mommy and Daddy because that means we have done a good job brushing her teeth.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I DREAD the day! I have to fight with Jack to get him to let me brush his teeth so I have a feeling the dentist is not going to be fun. I think we're going to try a pediatric dentist in Dothan that I've used with some of my kids from work. So glad that Emily did well. They definately have some pretty smiles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she does look like you. I've always thought so (sorry, Jason!) Wow. You should be proud of her. I am still terrified at the dentist. However, I AM a big fan of the gas...it makes time go by much faster! It's really good that she is learning. I am sure she is proud of herself too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Bailey's first time to the dentist, it can be a littles scary. I'm with Lori I have a hard time with my kids and teethbrushing.

    ReplyDelete